- to the law;
- to the types of personal information collected by us; or
- in the manner of use of personal information.
2. We May Collect Personal Information
- When you register with EcoXpo, you are required to provide certain personal information to us as part of the registration process. We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- From time to time, EcoXpo may also collect more general information about you that may include your gender, age, date of birth, what magazines or periodicals you subscribe to, your interests and whether you participate in any social networking sites. If you are not willing to provide this information, then you may not be able to register with the Site.
3. How We Store Personal Information
EcoXpo maintains all Personal Information collected from the Site in secure databases that are only accessible to EcoXpo systems and designated 3rd party administration staff for the purpose of maintenance and management only. Highly personal data (including user passwords) are encrypted using strong encryption algorithms and key strengthening techniques. User passwords are encrypted one way only by the system at the time they are submitted by the user, and cannot be de-crypted, and therefore cannot be made known to anyone (including EcoXpo staff or any system administrator). All system files, scripts and logs are secured in a web-hosted environment that is fire-walled.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- To provide you with services and information offered on the Site, and from time to time to provide you with information about goods and services offered by our Suppliers (defined below in clause 6).
- To provide you with goods and services that you have requested be provided to you on the Site.
- For planning research, product development and strategic or other business purposes in relation to products, services or information offered, or which Bonjour Baby may offer, on the Site or in its business operations or in the business operations of its Suppliers.
5. Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
6. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We will disclose your Personal Information to Suppliers (defined below) for the purpose of enabling EcoXpo to provide goods, services and information on the Site and from the Boutique. We may also disclose your Personal Information to Suppliers for the purpose of enabling our Suppliers to use your personal information
- to provide you with goods, services and information supplied by the Suppliers in accordance with the Suppliers’ privacy policies; and
- for the purpose of planning, research, product development and strategic, financial or other business purposes.
Subject to the provisions of any law (including the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), we may also supply Digital Personal Information (defined below) to Authorised Persons (defined below) to assist those Authorised Persons with their planning, research, product development or strategic, financial or other business purposes and to enable those Authorised Persons to contact you to provide offers in relation to their goods, services or information.
Authorised Persons means a third party with whom EcoXpo has entered into agreements or arrangements for the supply of Digital Personal Information, being a person or corporation that suppliers goods, services or information that is directed towards parents with young children or growing families.
Digital Personal Information means your email address or any other form of electronic identification that you have provided to us (such as the name of your website).
Suppliers means third party suppliers with whom EcoXpo has entered into agreements or arrangements with from time to time to supply goods, services and information to EcoXpo.
7. Direct Marketing
We will use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing you with information, and for the purposes of our Suppliers and Authorised Persons supplying you with information, about our respective goods and services.
8. How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
We may ask you to provide proof of identity when making a request and you may be charged an administration fee when we provide you with the information to cover our time and, if posted to you, our postage and handling costs. If we are unable to provide you with your Personal Information or Digital Personal Information, we will notify you in writing of the reason(s).
9. Updating Personal Information
You should ensure that any Personal Information you provide to EcoXpo is accurate and up-to-date. If you think any Personal Information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to correct this information. We will take reasonable steps to correct such Personal Information unless we disagree with you about whether the Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
10. Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
11. Changes to our policy
12. Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
13. Online Policy Only
14. Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section (http://www.ecoxpo.com.au/terms-conditions) establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
15. Your consent